Our Juice and Smoothies

Thursday 10 May 2012

rose water & mango


One thing I'm really loving lately is rose water.  My son and I discovered rose water in our smoothies a while back at Buddha-Full in North Vancouver, and C especially liked it.  We had some rose water in the house but he quickly drank it up.  I was inspired to get some again recently with all the talk of flowers, spring and mothers day and I've been mixing it into various concoctions.  My favourites are whipped topping with rose water and berries and the smoothie above, a Vegan Rose Water Lassi.  This one is sooo delicious!  I just had to share, maybe some special moms might get one on their special day this Sunday!

Vegan Rose Water Lassi

::  1 mango
::  1 T hemp seeds
::  1 cup water
::  3-4 large ice cubes
::  2 T of agave
::  2 t of Rose Water
::  1/4 t of ground cardamom - MOM!
::  pinch of cinnomon
::  rose petals for garnish (felt rose found here)

Pour all ingredients into a blender pitcher and blend until smooth.  Serves 2.  ENJOY!

Interested in the healing benefits of roses?  Roses and variations of roses be it, in tea, rose water, on skin etc. are pretty incredibly nutritional and healing.  I was surprised to see how much roses can heal and wondered why we don't use them more often.  Check it out here.

Juicy Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment